Vera A. Livingstone
Focused, committed, professional service.
Attorney Vera A. Livingstone graduated from SDSU in 1992 with a degree in Public Administration by working during the day and attending night school. She completed 3 years of law school in 2 years and passed the California Bar Exam on the first attempt.
From 2002 through 2008, Vera worked at the YWCA Legal Clinic where she was mentored by a well-known family law specialist. She represented more than 100 male and female domestic violence victims in restraining order, family law, custody and visitation, and divorce cases. While at the YWCA, Vera tackled difficult and unusual cases such as refugee and Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) cases and gained a significant amount of experience doing trial work and evidentiary hearings at the YWCA.
Vera continued her pursuit of unusual cases by winning cases for spousal support under the Immigration and Nationality Act in Civil Court. She also brought a tree-cutting case to a jury trial and mediated several other cases where an individual trespassed and cut down a neighbor’s trees.
Vera has successfully mediated, arbitrated, and litigated Family Law and business cases. She acts as Special Master for the Courts, private attorneys, and litigants and is listed with the California State Bar as a Special Master.
For the past 20 years, Vera has focused primarily on Family Law matters, where she has successfully litigated difficult custody issues, move-away trials, and financial issues. Her strengths include good, close client relationships, cross-examination, and depositions. At all times, she works toward case resolution with an eye on efficiency and client satisfaction.
Vera enjoys Formula 1 Racing, making jam, volunteer work at Mission de Alcala, suffering through bootcamp, going to the Del Mar Races, performance art, happy hour, cheering on the Padres, and generally being active with her husband and teenage children.
- Divorce and separation: 50%
- Representing men and women through their divorce case by understanding the client's values and accomplishing their goals in an efficient and practical manner. My skills include acting as a Special Master for the Court and Referee for discovery.
- 21 years, 585 cases
- Child custody: 40%
- Representing parents and grandparents in their custody and visitation cases. Move Away Litigation. Restraining Orders.
- 21 years, 468 cases
- 1996, California
- California Western School of Law, Class of 1996, J.D.
- San Diego State University, Class of 1982, B.A.
- Of Counsel, Godkin & Brengle, LLP, 2021 - Present
- Attorney, Livingstone & Associates, 1996 - Present
- Special Master, San Diego County Court, 2012 - 2014
- Attorney, YWCA Legal Center, 2002 - 2008
ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member, 2016 - Present
- St. Josephs' Cathedral, Social Committee and Welcome Committee, 2013 - Present
- State Bar of California, Member, 1996 - Present